Elevation Gain: 100m / Medium Gradient
Surface: Fields and Track
This 3km ramble begins at the canal-side car park with a gentle stroll along the towpath to the Polish Airmen Memorial at Hamblethorpe Bridge. A steady 100 metres of climb weaves you up through the fields above Bradley where you can take in views of the village and beyond. Enjoy the final descent as you amble through the fields leading you back into the village and return to the start.
- Begin the walk at the car park next to the canal in Bradley and head over the bridge.
2. Turn left on the Canal path towards Kildwick.
3. Continue until you reach the Polish Airmen Memorial then turn left onto Hamblethorpe bridge.
4. Pass over the stile or through the gate. Follow the track straight up and through a gate in the first field.
5. The path will then weave to the left then back to the right up to the gate and stile at the top.
6. Turn right over the stile and head along the road.
7. Just before the bend, look for a footpath sign and narrow gap in the wall to the left. Pass through the stile and head diagonally left up the first field to the gate and stile.
8. After passing through this, travel diagonally up, heading to the right of the dry stone wall that cuts across the field.
9. Continue along the track as it winds left and right.
10. Head over the stile in the wall.
11. Walk straight across the next 2 fields, following the line of the wall on your left and crossing 2 stiles.
12. Now head diagonally right up the field to a stile in the top corner.
13. Head left along the road.
14. Just before the reaching a road to the right, look out for a stile on your left. Pass over this and into the field.
15. Head straight down the middle of the 4 fields through the gateways and continue down to the bottom gate / stile.
16. Pass between the houses down to the road.
17. Turn left briefly, and then right to walk down the road past the Village Hall which will be seen on your right.
18. Continue down the road and take the next left turn where you will see the Village Shop on the corner.
19. Follow the road until you reach the car park where the walk began.